Monday, May 11, 2020

COVID-19 7

Today, May 11, I learned that:
  1. I could create audio for PowerPoint slides
  2. How to do it. 
I added audio for the Ad & PR 115 Evaluating info presentation and sent it to the professor for Blackboard. Then I added the file to the Subject Guide.

May 12:
From the music students’ questions so far, it doesn’t seem as if they are using the handout in conjunction with the subject guide. I asked the prof to remind them that the handout gives step-by-step guidance in finding resources to get them started. I feel really frustrated - why bother, when they won't use the tools I've created and made available?

One colleague suggested: "Many of them are learning to learn online right now, so there will undoubtedly be some growing pains and additional reminders as they do! Reframing: This is a fabulous opportunity for them to make initial contact with you, and for you to support their independent learning!"

Another reminded me to put the handout on the homepage for the Subject Guide. Thought I had, but I hadn't, so I did!


I’ll respond kindly to the students and will send them the handout when I set up appointments.

No comments: