Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sabbatical

This week I looked up yet another set of publishers & added 2 publishers to the list and weeded out several possibilities. Also created a draft marketing plan.

Finished my 6th proposal.

Read a book by Herman, Jeff. Jeff Herman's Guide to Book Publishers, Editors, & Literary Agents: Who They Are! What They Want! How to Win Them Over! Waukesha, WI : Writer Books, 2009 ed. 19th ed. ISSN: 1548-1344.
Based on that, I then modified the proposal letters for 2 of the completed proposals according to Herman's guidelines, & finished modifying the other 3 proposals.

Today I'm off to a lecture called “Art as Spirit among the Australian Aborigines” by James Cowan (1942-). I know I've read at least one of his books, and he has had shows at GVSU--his collections of Aboriginal art are fantastic.

No comments: