Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Responsibility for Hope

I was reminded today that we often can’t see our own patterns of behavior. I was also reminded that it is important to look for the best in people, to give them the opportunity to prove themselves to be good, honorable, just, etc. To look for the best possible outcomes, not to be so pessimistic, worrying about negative possibilities, assuming the worst. It does seem that we draw toward us that which we most fear, by the energy we put into it. So, let’s hope that someone who has said several times that s/he “wants us to succeed,” truly means it and will act compassionately and in accord with that statement. I fear my own woundedness and tend to look for woundedness in others. Well, I can make art out of that woundedness, and spend my energy on looking for goodness instead. I hope.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautifully stated! I think even though you're speaking about a very specific situation, I can see so many applications....
-Mary G.

Kim Ranger said...

Thanks, Mary! amll, Kim