- My wife, the best blessing of all.
- No one was hurt when the garage door broke on Sunday morning, and on Tuesday the repairman fixed the cable and the one on the other side of the door as well.
- On Monday I saw a bunch of really cool inukshuk outside Lake Ontario Hall.
- A & I heard an excellent talk by memoirist Wade Rouse on Wednesday.
- My talk with the dean and director about my sabbatical proposal went well today and they gave several solid suggestions.
- The dining room is now a beautiful greeny-robin’s-egg color.
- I’ve been playing the viola quite a lot lately. I had a good walk in the park this afternoon, then when we got home, A put together a great dinner while I played the viola. We decided where to have the outdoor motion detector lights, where to plant the mums, and I put together a few inukshuk.
- Tomorrow the electrician is coming, along with the garage door salesman, and Ffriend Walt for a chat—and I am only working a half day.
- Sunday our best friends are coming over for dinner.
Thursday, September 20, 2007
A list of blessings
In this week of so many things going wrong, what have been the blessings?